[OpenAFS] Trouble Installing OpenAFS 1.2.1 Under RH 2.4.3-12

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Oct 2001 10:12:32 -0400

Well, the shutdown problem was not fixed in 1.2.1, so upgrading wont
help.

I bet you upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.1 via 'rpm -i' instead of
'rpm -U', didn't you?

You can try running:
	rpm --force -e openafs openafs-kernel openafs-client ...

(where ... is all the other openafs RPMs that you have installed)

I have no idea why you got that %preun error..  The script looks like
this:

%preun
if [ $1 = 0 ] ; then
        /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs stop
        chkconfig --del afs
        [ -d /afs ] && rmdir /afs
fi

So I can't see where this could be a problem (unless, perhaps, $1 != 0)?

You might want to wait for the next release of OpenAFS (1.2.2).

-derek