[OpenAFS] Which filesystems for vicep on linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Mayr, Johannes wrote:

> Which filesystems can be used for the vicep partitions on a linux system?
> We did a try with gfs (http://www.globalfilesystem.org) with a linux 2.4.9
> on a redhat 7.1 system. Mounting an afs volume in read only mode works but
> in read write mode the fileserver crashes immediately.

I'm not sure if you mean the obvious by that, can you explain more fully
what you did that worked and what you did that didn't?

In general we're filesystem-agnostic as far as the fileserver on Linux
goes. Perhaps with more information someone can offer some theory as to
the problem you're having.

-D