[OpenAFS] any hack to get multiple read/write mirrors

Zachary Denison zacharydenison@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

Is there any hack one can use to get openafs to work
so that I could get multiple read/write servers.  I
would like to setup a global company wide shared
filesystem, where each local office gets a local
mirror, and the filesystem propagates all changes to
all other machines anytime an update is made, and when
a file is locked on one machine, it is locked on all
the mirrors.

Can you make an AFS volume both a master and slave at
the same time, so you could replicate in both
directions?

I am not too worried about bandwidth problems because
we are only going to have about 40MB/hour filesystem
motion of data between servers.   I should mention
also that the size of the volume we have in mind is
about 1000GB.

Thank you for any hints you could give me on such a setup.