[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client for Windows problem.

Martin Johansson martin.johansson@drutt.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:56:41 +0200

--------------805E5E9A84AEB2E1FBA07CE6

Hi all,
Isn't error 42A the good old problem with CR+LF <-> LF in the cell definition file?
Please have a look at your afsdcell.ini and see which convention is used there, LF or CR+LF.
Try using Windows style linebreaks in the file and see if it works better.

If I remember correctly the application log should display an error about not finding the root volume in the root cell or something similar.

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong?

Kumar Dwarakanath wrote:

> Hi Shyh-Wei,
> I did look up the Network Identification but what am I looking for there?
> Also the OpenAFS client for Linux works well on my linux partition in the
> same laptop. I have given the name of the machine to be the same on both the
> Linux and the Win2k partition.
>
> I will post the log of the errors from the Application log soon...
>
> -Kumar.
>

> >You may want to take a look at the network identification of the machine in
> >"Control Pannel - Network and
> >Dial-up Connections - Network Identification" and make sure the information
> >there is correct.
> >
> >If this does not fix the problem, can you take a look at the Application
> >Log under "Control Pannel -
> >Admistrative Tools - Event Viewer" to see what AFS client error message(s)
> >you might have there?
> >
> >Shyh-Wei Luan

cheers,
	Martin
--
Martin Johansson
SMTS, Drutt Corp.

begin:vcard
n:Johansson;Martin
tel;cell:+46 703100563
tel;work:+46 31 836663
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.halebop.com/
org:Halebop
adr:;;Mölndalsvägen 81;Gothenburg;;412 63;Sweden
version:2.1
email;internet:martin.johansson@halebop.net
title:SMTS
x-mozilla-cpt:;-6624