[OpenAFS] installing in linux..

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:53:37 -0700 (MST)

Okay, I give up.  I've been looking at the docs on the open afs web site..
and the various README's with the 1.2.2 source distribution.  I've
configured --with-transarc-paths and make and make install(ed).  Okay, all
the binaries are there... what next?

Where do I put my CellServDB, ThisCell, and is there a startup script for
starting the client?  (and where do I put my cache....)

The docs are very frustrating to deal with for someone like me who just
wants to install a client.

This is a Caldera OL system, 2.4.2 kernel.  Previous had open-afs 1.1.1
working but ditched it hoping to avoid the hard reset that was required
becuase the afsd's wouldn't die when I wanted them to.

Any other docs?  Please?