[OpenAFS] Server shutdown...

DAVID G MCMURTRIE dgm+@pitt.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:17:45 -0400 (EDT)

vlserver as of 3.4a 5.77 definitely has a memory leak.  Coincidentally, we
had some pretty serious problems last week because we were not
auto-restarting our vlservers.  As Derrick mentioned, the process had
grown to 63MB in size.  vlserver was nearly non-functional on one of our
db servers.

Restarting them is not a bad idea.

-Dave

Dave McMurtrie, Systems Programmer
University of Pittsburgh
Computing Services and Systems Development,
Enterprise System Services
600 Epsilon Drive
Pittsburgh, PA  15238
(412)-624-6413