[OpenAFS] Server shutdown...

Jamie Walker jj.walker@auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:36:04 +1200

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:17:45AM -0400, DAVID G MCMURTRIE wrote:
> vlserver as of 3.4a 5.77 definitely has a memory leak.  Coincidentally, we
> had some pretty serious problems last week because we were not
> auto-restarting our vlservers.  As Derrick mentioned, the process had
> grown to 63MB in size.  vlserver was nearly non-functional on one of our
> db servers.
>
> Restarting them is not a bad idea.

I had to disable auto-restarts because the server processes had a nasty
tendency to not come back up again. This was only on my test server at the
time, but I did get tired of rebooting it on Monday mornings, so I left it
disabled on the production cell when that came into service.

--
Phone: +64-9-373-7599 x4679      Room: 2.315, School of Engineering
Email: jj.walker@auckland.ac.nz  or shout loudly