[OpenAFS] openafs 1.0.4 uninstall breaks netbios over tcpip

T. Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:40:46 +1200

Hi

I just uninstalled openafs1.0.4 from my win2k box and it broke netbios over
tcpip. After several hours of hunting in the wrong places I found the cause in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters]

The following entries add been removed

"NbProvider"="_tcp"
"NameServerPort"=dword:00000089
"CacheTimeout"=dword:000927c0
"BcastNameQueryCount"=dword:00000003
"BcastQueryTimeout"=dword:000002ee
"NameSrvQueryCount"=dword:00000003
"NameSrvQueryTimeout"=dword:000005dc
"Size/Small/Medium/Large"=dword:00000001
"SessionKeepAlive"=dword:0036ee80
"TransportBindName"="\\Device\\"

leaving only

"EnableLMHOSTS"=dword:00000001
"SmbDeviceEnabled"=dword:00000000

I added the lines back an now it is all working again.

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. if you want a fix cut and paste the following text into a new document
and save it as a .reg file. I can't be sure it will work for you but it
worked for me.