[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.0 Build Question Regarding Non-Transarc Paths

William von Hagen vonhagen@vonhagen.org
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:56:25 -0400

Hi. I downloaded the 1.2.0 source and build it without specifying the
Transarc paths option. Everything seemed to work correctly, with everything
installing into /usr/local by default (which was OK). However, I don't see
the kernel module anywhere.

I'm fairly familiar with the Transarc docs ;-), but not being able to
insmod the kernel module is a fairly major bottleneck. I'm sure that I'm
just overlooking something trivial, but would appreciate any information
anyone could provide.

If anyone has written up a minimal set of code/executable installation
instructions for OpenAFS on Linux (beyond the INSTALL and README files),
I'd love to see it.  I don't anticipate problems using the apps once my
kernel actually knows about OpenAFS.

Thanks!

     Bill