[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.0 Build Question Regarding Non-Transarc Paths

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:30:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, William von Hagen wrote:

> Hi. I downloaded the 1.2.0 source and build it without specifying the
> Transarc paths option. Everything seemed to work correctly, with everything
> installing into /usr/local by default (which was OK). However, I don't see
> the kernel module anywhere.

The kernel modules get installed into ${afskerneldir}.  In Transarc mode,
this defaults to /usr/vice/etc; in non-Transarc mode, it defaults to
${prefix}/lib/openafs.

If you find that the modules aren't being installed in those places, let
us know.  Include as much information as you can about the environment in
which you're building.  In the meantime, you should also find the compiled
modules in src/libafs/*/libafs.o.

Note that unless you use 'make dest', the startup scripts will not be
installed at all.  That's because no one was able to come up with
something reasonable to do with them.  You should still be able to find
them in src/afsd, though.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer