[OpenAFS] SuSe-RPMs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
26 Sep 2001 15:23:25 -0400

"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:

> 2@last:203 Z# ls -l /etc/init.d/rc?.d/???afs
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            6 Jun  7 09:06
> /etc/init.d/rc3.d/K15afs -> ../afs
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            6 May 10 10:11
> /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S08afs -> ../afs
>
> (and PCMCIA starts as S06)

Then you've changed something (or you're not using Red Hat):

ls -l /etc/rc.d/rc*/*pcmcia
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S45pcmcia
..

> also, any particular reason why the start is hardcoded?  /sbin/insserv is
> your friend.

which insserv
insserv: Command not found.

Not a Red Hat ism.  Clearly you're using SuSE.  That's fine.  My point
is that the patch changed the Red Hat values which just don't cut it.
For the record, I did just include most of the patch into the Red Hat
RPMs.  It would be nice if someone could supply the patch to the
sysconfig file to supply the XLARGE and XXLARGE options. :)

-derek