[OpenAFS] SuSe-RPMs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Sep 2001 11:38:15 -0400

The problem is that in default Red Hat, PCMCIA doesn't start until
'45', which means you cannot start AFS until well after that point.

If AFS had 'dynamic /afs' support (where /afs is automatically mounted
and filled in dynamically by the cache manager) then it wouldn't
matter when AFS was started, and whether the network was up.  The
problem is that if you start AFS and have no network, you lose.  Big.
If we had this feature, then AFS would start fine regardless of the
network state (but it would only fill in connectivity once the network
is up).

-derek