[OpenAFS] /usr/vice/cache size recommendations

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:19:25 -0700

In the {old,expired,questionably_useful} quick start guide (the one
that still says IBM all over it), they talk about making /usr/vice/cache
all of maybe 50MB.  I realize this is really old data, and suspect
that a much larger cache is reasonable. However, I remember a conversation
I had long ago in which it was pointed out that too large a cache is
counter-productive.

So, what's the current thinking of a reasonable size for /usr/vice/cache,
especially with today's disk size?  Is 512MB too large? 1GB?

thanks,
nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \