[OpenAFS] /usr/vice/cache size recommendations

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Apr 2002 13:33:31 -0400

There is a tradeoff between disk-cache, memory usage, and access
speed.  But a 512M cache is IMHO perfectly reasonable.

I was running with a 3G cache (for testing), but I think it was
having problems during cachefile searches.  I think there is a
linear search algorithm, so with 300,000 cache files you have a
long list to search.

-derek