[OpenAFS] Windows port status?

Adrian Knoth adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:52:48 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:14:28PM -0600, JoelTompkins@BC.com wrote:

> I'm interested in keeping the Windows GUI to simplify tasks,

Well, I'm interested in the opposite. Is there a way to handle AFS under
Windows without the GUI? Or any other way to simplify the usage.

I haven't really used the Win-client, but I remember that you have to
provide complete AFS-paths which would be mapped to drives.

Imagine 1500 users where every path is of the form /afs/cell/home/$user.
I want windows to use this as the home-directory/drive.

Under CIFS (SMB/Samba), netlogon does the stuff and even NFS-Clients could
do so. Is there a more generic way than providing the individual path
inside a profile-stored config-File for the AFS-Client?

> but can someone tell me if the GUI has been used in Linux?

I've never seen such a GUI and I don't want one :) I feel glad with the
structure in /afs/...., the rest with fs,vos and so on are not the problem.

I could imagine a KDE-plugin for konqueror to set AFS-ACLs, but this would
mean konqueror has to detect that the directory is inside an AFS-tree.

This could be pretty pain due to symlinks, bind-mounts and so on.
At the moment, kdiskfree (kdf) crashes :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Das Fell, wieso soll ich es ficken? Es sieht doch aus wie Claudia Nolte.
		     (Lutz von Rosenberg Lipinsky im Quatsch Comedy Club)