[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:53:36 +0000

Derek Atkins <derek@ihtfp.com> wrote:
> Are there any logs in the fileserver?  Perhaps the fileserver believes
> the client is down?  What version of AFS is the fileserver running?

Yes, this was a Transarc AFS 3.6 fileserver, but it is now also
OpenAFS 1.2.3.  This seems to have solved the problem.  I was not
able to find a reference to the client in question in the logs.
Is there a way to tell a fileserver that a client is _not_ down?

Thanks again for all the help with this one.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk