[OpenAFS] The status of Windows support...

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
19 Feb 2002 08:46:36 +0100

Rodney M Dyer <rmdyer@uncc.edu> writes:

> Last week I posted a question to the info list about a problem I am
> having with Windows XP and OpenAFS.  This problem has gone unanswered
> by the info community.  Am I to assume that since this is a Windows
> problem it will not be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, or ever?

Well, I live in a Unix/Linux-only world here :-), but at least there
is a recent thred about win XP and 2k. You will find it in

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2002-February/thread.html

You probably should browse the rest of the archive as well.

> people in the group who know anything about Windows.  Since Windows
> accounts for most of the desktops in our industry it appears that
> OpenAFS might not be a viable file system to use for Windows machines
> in the future.  This would cause a separation of our PC and Unix files.

Don't be so pessimistic. I think it should work.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung