[OpenAFS] Commercial Support for OpenAFS

Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:11:21 -0500

Andrig> I was wondering if anyone knows if anyone is selling
Andrig> commercial support contracts for OpenAFS?  If not, what are
Andrig> the support options?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morgan Stanley has what is widely recognized to be the leading
production installation of AFS, certainly when judging how mission
critical it is to us.  Our entire distributed systems infrastructure
for UNIX lives and dies with AFS; we run almost all of our production
applications from AFS RO volumes, for example.

We're looking at OpenAFS just like everyone else, and support is
important to us, too.  In our case, we have contracted with Sine
Nomine Associates for support of the OpenAFS product.  Thus far, we
are very pleased with the progress they have made resolving some very
real issues that have arisen, and they have clearly demonstrated that
they have the technical expertise necessary to support a customer like
us (not for the faint of heart).

The next two years or so will determine is OpenAFS is going to
be viable for Enterprise customers like us, and commercial support,
even for an Open Source product, is important.  I would encourage
others seeking commercial support for this product to also contact
Sine Nomine as well.  They may very well be able to provive the
assistance you are looking for.

All of this info is available from http://www.sinenomine.net

    Sine Nomine Associates (pronounced SEE-nay KNOW-me-nay)
    Network and System Solutions
    43596 Blacksmith Square
    Ashburn, VA 20147-4606

    Phone: 1-703-723-6673