[OpenAFS] segmentation faults

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:10:04 -0500 (EST)

On 9 Jan 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Steven N. Hirsch <shirsch@adelphia.net> said:
> >> We are using  an open afs server with 3 Transarc afs db servers. when we
> >> try and compile something on the Openafs server (Which is intel with RH
> >                                                                      ^^^
> >> 7.2 and kernel 2.4.9-13) we get segmentation faults. Does anyone
> >
> >I begin to see a trend here.
> >
> Yup. I very much looks like you need the CVS snapshot version for recent 2.4
> kernels. I had good luck using the libafs module from it under 2.4.10...

I was more referring to the highly-patched-up RedHat kernel.  I've been
happily running OpenAFS 1.2.2 libafs on my cell at home with 2.4.17.
Granted that I've seen some strangeness on an SMP box in production use,
but the symptoms are not what the original poster described, nor have I
isolated my issues to AFS.

Steve