[OpenAFS] problem with winnt client

Grzegorz Mazur mazur@chemia.uj.edu.pl
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:02:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up AFS server on a linux box and AFS clients on linux
and windows machines. Everything went smoothly with server and linux
clients, but I can't make windows client working. The problem is that I
get message 'Unknown user' every time I try to get token from windows.
I've tried using both afs and kerberos authentication on the server side,
and both schemes work perfectly with linux clients. Unfortunately, neither
afs nor kerberos seems to work with windows.

Every time I try to get a ticket using windows client, in kerberos logs I
see following entries:

krb5kdc[904](info): PROCESS_V4:Initial ticket request
Host: 149.156.71.233 User: "mazur" ""
krb5kdc[904](info): PROCESS_V4:INITIAL request
from mazur. for afs.
krb5kdc[904](Error): PROCESS_V4:UNKNOWN "afs" ""

Is this because kerberos v4 is needed? And is there any way to use either
afs or kerberos V? (I'd rather use kerberos, but anything that works will
be highly appreciated.)

Cheers,
Grzesiek

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."