[OpenAFS] [pac@fortuitous.com: multiple servers.]

pac@fortuitous.com pac@fortuitous.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:03:45 -0500

  Hi,

   I'm new to the list.

 First i'l like to say hi.
 ------------------------
 Second I have a situation I'd like some advice with.
 ------------------------
  We have a set of 4 servers A,B,C,D that have data which gets
 smbmounted to a linux system. The reason A-D exist is that they found
 a single server running samba could not handle all the data. Getting
 hit by 50 windows users at a time would bring down a single server..
 Never mind that the smbmount point server is out of data and slow.

 I want to suggest a solution using OpenAFS that is going to be fast enough.
  Think i can reduce A-D to a single server or pair of servers?
------------------------
 Thirdly, what is the status of file replication, and what type of
  data throughput can OpenAFS handle?
 Lastly, is there a faq that describes what hardware/OS OpenAFS will work on?
 I didn't see this in the docs..

Thanks,

-Phil Carinhas
--