[OpenAFS] anon FTP upload directory ACL

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
01 Jun 2002 23:18:33 +0200

    Russ> liw is probably about the best that you can do, unless you
    Russ> *have* to allow read, in which case I'm not sure you can do
    Russ> what you want in AFS.

Well, this is good enough. It's not _THAT_ important, although it would
be nice... I'll settle for 'liw'.. Thanx

    Russ> (Personally, I'd recommend putting your incoming directory
    Russ> on local disk and mounting it over AFS with a loopback
    Russ> mount, just because this is one of those things that AFS
    Russ> isn't all that good at, but that may or may not work for
    Russ> your application.)

That was the second idea I got when I couldn't get it to work on the
first try, but I later decided that this is good enough for me...

    Russ> Note that you need to be sure to disable mkdir in your FTP
    Russ> server,

This seems to be 'automatic' :)

ncftp /incoming > mkdir test
MKD test failed; [Operation prohibited for anonymous users.]
Could not mkdir test: server said: Operation prohibited for anonymous users.

    Russ> No idea what's going on there.  Does fs flush . cause the
    Russ> changes to show up right away?

I'll try that the next time the ACL's are acting weird. Now I'll settle
with the fact it works.

Thanx for the help...

--
PLO arrangements SDI South Africa iodine smuggle nuclear Soviet
Ft. Bragg Khaddafi FBI tritium congress Clinton NSA