[OpenAFS] no quorum elected

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
05 Jun 2002 09:34:36 +0200

I'm setting up a test AFS system at home, but I can't seem
to get it working. I'm running Debian GNU/Linux on my Sun Sparc
Station 4, with the recompiled openafs packages (the i386
versions of these packages is working fine on my live server).

After running 'afs-newcell', which does the following (cut and past):

----- s n i p -----
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop
echo \>bayour.com >/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver start
bos addhost tuzjfi tuzjfi -localauth ||true
bos adduser tuzjfi turbo -localauth
bos create tuzjfi ptserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/ptserver -localauth
bos create tuzjfi vlserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver -localauth
bos create tuzjfi fs fs -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/fileserver -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/volserver \
 -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/salvager -localauth
vos create tuzjfi a root.afs -localauth
echo bayour.com >/etc/openafs/ThisCell
/etc/init.d/openafs-client force-start
----- s n i p -----

After this I 'kinit turbo && aklog' which goes ok.

Here i do 'ls /afs' but nothing's there! Anyway, I run 'afs-rootvol',
which does the following:

----- s n i p -----
fs sa /afs system:anyuser rl
vos create tuzjfi a root.cell -localauth
Volume 536870915 created on partition /vicepa of tuzjfi
fs mkm /afs/bayour.com root.cell -cell bayour.com  -fast
fs: File '/afs/bayour.com' doesn't exist
Failed: 256
vos remove tuzjfi a root.cell -localauth
Volume 536870915 on partition /vicepa server tuzjfi.bayour.com deleted

I have both ticket and token: