[OpenAFS] nt client wont start

Pete Shinners pete@shinners.org
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:09:37 -0700

i've finally got a little afs-1.2.4 server running on linux-2.4.
unfortunately i only have 2 machines on the network to test with it
currently. one is this linux machine and another in an NT4 box.

the /afs directory is working "as expected" for me when local on the
unix box. i'm now trying to get at it from the windows machine. my
problem is when i try to "Start Service", it timeouts after a minute
or so and i get "The AFS Client Service could not be started
successfully. You might not have authorization to perform this
operation. Error 0x0000042A."

in the setup "AFS Cells" tab it appears the correct call name is in
there with the correct server. at this point i'm unsure if my
problem is on the server or client end. my biggest concern is
windows is still using afs-1.2.2b and the server is afs-1.2.4.
unfortunately this is the most recent windows binary i can find.