[OpenAFS] WIN2K / openafs1.2.4 / does openafs server work on windows ?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:30:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, neil m wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest openafs package for windows , after having no
> luck setting up 1.2.3
>
> The installer seems to be broken, doesn't put files in the right places ..

Where do you think it should put them that it doesn't?

> When I run the Server Config. Wizzard, it correctly gathers all my settings,
> and then when it attempts to start the BOS server, it hangs and then times
> out saying it's failed on a Error code 2. I'm also not able to get the
> client service to start.

There was a bug which has been fixed since the last release which should
fix the problem; It is not in 1.2.4. It *is* in the CVS head.