[OpenAFS] nt client wont start

Janine Ovens eninaj@umich.edu
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:44:59 -0400

You must have administrative priviliges on the NT4 box to start the =
service--are you logging in with a regular user account?

Janine

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Shinners [mailto:pete@shinners.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 7:10 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] nt client wont start

i've finally got a little afs-1.2.4 server running on linux-2.4.=20
unfortunately i only have 2 machines on the network to test with it=20
currently. one is this linux machine and another in an NT4 box.

the /afs directory is working "as expected" for me when local on the=20
unix box. i'm now trying to get at it from the windows machine. my=20
problem is when i try to "Start Service", it timeouts after a minute=20
or so and i get "The AFS Client Service could not be started=20
successfully. You might not have authorization to perform this=20
operation. Error 0x0000042A."

in the setup "AFS Cells" tab it appears the correct call name is in=20
there with the correct server. at this point i'm unsure if my=20
problem is on the server or client end. my biggest concern is=20
windows is still using afs-1.2.2b and the server is afs-1.2.4.=20
unfortunately this is the most recent windows binary i can find.