[OpenAFS] no quorum elected

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
10 Jun 2002 08:48:49 +0200

    >> I don't even know what a quorum IS.  ...  IF it haven't
    >> anything to do with 'no quorum elected', then I don't know.

    Charles> When you have multiple AFS servers, they need to
    Charles> coordinate with one another to maintain consistency among
    Charles> all the various databases.  "No quorum elected" basically
    Charles> means they couldn't decide who should be in charge, and
    Charles> one side-effect is that you end up with read-only
    Charles> databases (at least in my experience things like "pts
    Charles> createu" or "vos create" fail, citing that error
    Charles> message).  Frequently this error is caused by AFS servers
    Charles> with their system clocks too skewed relative to one
    Charles> another.

I must have the clock to be set EXACT for other reasons (Kerberos V),
so I'm using the same reference clock on ALL of my machines, so the time
is ok.

I'll keep this in mind though.

    Charles> It doesn't seem to have much to do with your problem,
    Charles> though.

Oki, thanx.
--
Waco, Texas Mossad assassination munitions Uzi Soviet SEAL Team 6
strategic Noriega Saddam Hussein Marxist Treasury 767 Peking SDI