[OpenAFS] Can anyone reproduce this under LINUX

Norbert Gruener nog@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:56:34 +0200

Hi Derek,

On Sat, Jun 15 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I wrote a short program (RH7.1) but I cannot reproduce this problem.
> The program creates a file, unlinks it, prints a message, sleeps for
> 60 seconds, and then closes the file.  While it's sleeping I get this:

this problem it not that simple    :-)))   If I use exactly your
program  all temp files disappear within about 10 minutes.

But this is the way I can reproduce "the problem".

I have changed your test program slightly.  I increased the sleeping
time to 15 minutes !!!

Then I have started 20 instances of your program within 5 minutes
(every 15 second one run). And after about ten minutes 16 out of the
20 temp files disappeared. But 4 of these 20 temp files
*** DID NOT *** disappear.

This is exactly the same behavior which we see on our Linux
machines.  Since most of our client machines are in the meantime Linux
machines a solution to this problem is getting important for us.

Could some brave soul have a look into this problem ?

Cheers,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Public Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/