AW: AW: [OpenAFS] Can anyone reproduce this under LINUX (was: temporaryreference files do not disappear)

Rubino Geiß kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 09:44:42 +0200

Hi!

Sorry but I cannot reproduce the issue (with a simple program; see
below). I even modified the code not to close the file: but still no
.__afsXXX remains. The only thing I can see is, that a file remains
there for say 10 to 60 sec. after the program has terminated and the
disappears. I tested it on FileServer 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 and i386 RedHat
7.2 and 7.3.

I have no idea what kind of code is triggering the issue... but what
happens if the connection to the server is killed during the .__afsXXX
is alive? In last weeks we had one issue with our routers (network
outage for 20 min or so).

With a tick you can do it: "./close ; ls -la ; unlog ; ls -la"

The second ls -la result in a permission denied, but if you log in again
on a different or the same workstation, die .__afs file is still there!
In my opinion this can happen if a network fails, the workstation fails
or most likely X is dieing or killed. The token becomes invalid
immediately, can someone do something against it?

By the way, it appears that these files reside only in cache dirs of
browsers and in .gconf/. Their creation time is spread wide and there
size is not always 0.

Bye, Ruby

PS: I reported a serious problem on my site, too. I this case help is
almost a case of death a live. So please help me. Thanx.

--
Rubino Geiss, Universitaet Karlsruhe, IPD Goos
Postfach 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, GERMANY