[OpenAFS] Windows2000 OpenAFS Client unable to obtain tokens

jareds@us.ibm.com jareds@us.ibm.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:38:49 -0400

--=_alternative 006BDDE985256BDC_=

I saw a similar problem in a small cell where there was a single Linux
server and a W2K client, both running OpenAFS.

The problem appeared to be in the way the Linux server was initializing
the ports for the kaserver.  At least for IBM AFS, we will use the ports
identified in /etc/services for kerberos, and, if none are defined, we'll
use the default ports.  So this would be a normal AuthLog:

kerberos4/udp is unknown; check /etc/services.  Using port=750 as default
kerberos5/udp is unknown; check /etc/services.  Using port=88 as default

However, I was seeing strange ports on this particular occassion:

Kerberos4/udp port=60930
Kerberos5/udp port=22528

These ports were not being set anywhere that I could find, and it
continued to try to use these even when we specifically set them in
/etc/services.  So I'm not sure how these were getting set.

We never pursued the problem, so I'm not sure what the answer is.  But it
might be something to look at.

Thanks,

Jared Spencer, MCSA
AFS Technical Lead