[OpenAFS] the best distributed file system

Balazs GAL balsa@rit.bme.hu
19 Jun 2002 00:38:05 +0200

2002-06-18, k keltez=E9ssel Nathan Neulinger ezt =EDrta:
> And others of us that do run file servers on linux have never seen that
> error. (We've seen other intermittent issues that result in service
> loss, but virtually never data loss.)
>=20
> -- Nathan

Friedel has right. You are lucky.
Belive me, it was not a nice experience to see hundred of orphaned files
and directories in my home directory or in a common heavy used volume.
And of course i dont deliver mails into AFS.

And of course i like OpenAFS. :) And thanks to the OpenAFS devel group's
work. At this time, AFS is the greatest opensource network file system
for unix.

balsa