[OpenAFS] Backup/Snapshots

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:00:29 -0500

Should be nothing preventing creating multiple backups. Problem is
keeping track of them.=20

I had a few things that I started looking at at one point, but never
really did anything with:

	Creating multiple backup volumes, tracking externally
	Tracking those extra backup volumes in vldb - this would require
protocol changes (altering vldb structure, or adding new RPC's to
retrieve auxilliary backup volume details) to support, so not likely to
happen.=20
	Moving backup volumes between servers
	Merging backup volumes back into main volume when moving betwee

It should be possible to generate the backup volumes by calling the
RPC's directly, but would need an external mechanism to keep track of
them and avoid losing track of them.

-- Nathan