[OpenAFS] cannot vos addsite, release, or syncvldb

J. Maynard Gelinas gelinas@lns.mit.edu
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:47:51 -0400 (EDT)

   OK.

   Now I can do volume operations again. Here's what I did:

   First I checked to make certain the db files (vldb.DB0 and vldb.DBSYS1)
were the same across all each of my database servers. Fortunately, they
were. Next, I removed the new server from the CellServDB on each of my
database servers. Then I shutdown the database server processes on the new
server and restarted each of the other servers with a bos restart. So, now
I have only two database servers.  So, how do I go about adding a third,
fourth, or even fifth database server if ubik is having trouble electing a
sync master? At least for now the primary problem is resolved.

Thanks,
--Maynard