[OpenAFS] Alternative AFS-Implementations

FBO fbo2@gmx.net
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:12:36 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:13:32AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> FBO <fbo2@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Very interesting. I do have 2 PCs that are unable to do a clean shutdown
> > (without a crash) when openafs was started before.
> > 3 of my other PCs do not have a problem with that (same kernel, same distri,...).
>
> What version of Linux and what version of OpenAFS?  There were some
> problems with the shutdown sequence, but we think we've them all
> in 1.2.4/5.  If you still have this problem in 1.2.5, please report
> it.
Linux Kernel is 2.4.18 with xfs-patch 1.1. There are some more extensions
patched into the kernel but none (except of xfs) is filesystem related.
The Kernel is compiled on another machine ( with PII-cpu ), optimization
is set to "586".

OpenAFS Version is 1.2.5 but earlier versions caused the same problem.

It's not really critical because the systems shut down correctly
and the "Power Down"-message is displayed.

Maybe it's the processor?

mekong $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 5
model		: 8
model name	: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping	: 12
cpu MHz		: 350.799
cache size	: 64 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow k6_mtrr
bogomips	: 699.59

FBO