[OpenAFS] afsmodname getting it wrong?

Matt Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:17:51 +1200

Hi again

Further to kernel modules problem

Kernel panic on SMP systems with ext3 file systems is now fixed.
Advisory:  RHBA-2002:085-11

Last updated on:  2002-05-09

back

Bug Fix Advisory   Bug Fix Advisory

Details:

A few bugs, including one in ext3 that could cause a kernel panic
on SMP systems, are fixed in this kernel errata.

In the 2.4.18-3 kernel, a timing change exposed a previously-unseen
race condition in ext3 which could occasionally cause the kernel
to panic on SMP systems. The 2.4.18-4 kernel corrects this problem.

In addition, under the 2.4.18-3 kernel it was not possible to build modules
for the bigmem kernel (used for machines with memory with
addresses higher than 4GB) due to a typo in its header file
(__module_bigmem should have been __module__bigmem in the file
linux-rhconfig.h). This is now fixed.

Finally, bugs in the vsnprintf implementation and in the way the kernel
reads the /proc/stat file are now fixed.