[OpenAFS] Re: redundant home directory volumes

J. Maynard Gelinas gelinas@lns.mit.edu
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

   OK. I've tried point b) and I just want to note that it won't work.
While it is possible to force a RW mount of a volume with RO replications,
it doesn't appear possilbe to make vos rename (or any other vos command)
change a RO volume into a RW volume.

   I've chosen point a) as the solution. While it doesn't give us
redundant fail over, at least we'll be able to perform a local restore
operation from a file to an AFS fileserver. We'll be dumping to tapes as
well.

   Any insight on that "administrative hack" mentioned in Managing AFS is
still of interest.

Cheers,
--Maynard