[OpenAFS] Linux AFS server/client configuration tools (now supports Kerberos 5)

Jeremy Stribling strib@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:06:34 -0700

I have just submitted a patch to openafs-bugs to update the OpenAFS
automated configuration tools for Linux (located in the
src/tools/install directory), so that it will work with an existing
Kerberos 5 realm.  It has been tested with MIT Kerberos environment.
Since the Heimdal command line interface is slightly different from
Kerberos's, that might take a little work to support it.  If anyone is
interested in adding Heimdal support, please take a look at the code and
do what you can.  The updated code hopefully should be available in the
source tree shortly.  Feel free to email me with questions.

If you'd like to try using the tools, they're available in RPM format at
AFSLore:
http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/LinuxAFSInstall

Currently the tools only support configuration of OpenAFS with the
transarc paths scheme.  Is there any interest in having it support
non-transarc paths?  The existing RH RPMs only support transarc paths,
so I'm not sure it would be beneficial for the tools to support
something the other RPMs do not.  Please let me know your thoughts on
this issue. Thanks.

Jeremy