AW: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS for x86 Solaris 8

Rubino Geiß kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:12:58 +0200

Sorry, i forgot to metion the link for the sun compiler:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/archive/cplusplus/buy.html

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] Im Auftrag von Rubino Geiß
Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. Juni 2002 18:03
An: 'Derrick J Brashear'; 'Alan Meadows'
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Betreff: AW: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS for x86 Solaris 8

Hi there,

you can actually get the compiler form sun. For free. For 30 days.

I did compile a openafs-client on solaris 8 intel. It worked pretty
neat, after i downloaded the trial compiler from sun and the
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.3.2/openafs-1.3.2-src.tar unstable
release.

1.2.5 didn't work for me. I had to tweak some shell variables like
"setenv CP cp" but I guess that depends on how many gnu utils you got. I
got none, so I have to fake a little bit.

Bye, ruby