[OpenAFS] .Xauthority issues

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:41:46 +0100

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:35:06PM +0100, Martin Schulz wrote:

> due to the directory-wise access control in AFS, the files in the
> homedirectory are open for anyone I like to give access to part of my
> data. However, there are several files that are not for public.

> The ususal handling is to move these into a subdirectory with a more
> restrictive ACL and supply a link from the original location pointing
> into that subdirectory.

Why do you grant read access to your home directory? Just move public
readable files into a PUBLIC subdirectory or something. IMHO, $HOME is
just the wrong place to make readable to the public. Lookup rights
should suffice there.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/