[OpenAFS] Need to Combine AFS Database & File Servers

Joseph E Ramus ramus@es.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:52:54 -0800

Thanks Derek & Marcus.

I will have the AFS Service Down during this upgrade procedure.
I can do that because we have a small number of users.

Our AFS service is not heavily used so I think the Performance
will be spiffy even with combined DB & File servers.  We do have
well endowed machines.  Sun Enterprise 450 Ultra-4, 512 MB memory.

I will look at  "vos changeaddr" to see if that will handle the
VLDB conversion when I change the IP address of the File Servers.

| Joe Ramus  ESnet, LBNL, Berkeley, CA  (510) 486-8683   ramus@es.net  |