[OpenAFS] Kerberos Authentication with OpenAFS.

David Fulton dfulton25@attbi.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 18:17:47 -0600

What is the procedure for using Open AFS with an existing Kerberos
Installation. I am currently running Sun Enterprise Authentication
Mechanisim (Otherwise known as Kerberos 5) and am not quite sure what to
do about getting AFS to use it instead of the builtin stuff. Also, I
have a Win98 machine and can get tickets from it and a UNIX server can
telnet -x and get encrypted connections. This supposedly means that
Kerberos is set up properly. I am assuming it is just a matter of adding
the right pricipal for the server to Kerberos and changing some of the
binaries. Please let me know if I should beware of anything else. Also,
what is the principal name I should use for the AFS server in Kerberos.

Thanks in advance,
    David Fulton