[OpenAFS] RPM install nukes my CellSrvDB!

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 18:28:53 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:54:11AM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > You assume that only people who publish their CellServDB
> > will be installing OpenAFS? Wrong.
> >
> > I agree with Steven Hirsch: CellServDB is a configuration file
> > and RPM should not stomp all over it.
>
> In any official capacity I might have, I agree with you, though I don't
> remember if RPM will upgrade the file if you still have the unmodified
> version that RPM installed.

That's what the %config directive is for. It tells RPM to leave the file
alone when it was changed by somebody after package installation. RPM
will then save the new file with .rpmnew appended.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/