[OpenAFS] reminder: CellServDBs in OpenAFS packages

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 23:40:15 -0400 (EDT)

Certain OpenAFS distributions (namely, MacOS X, Debian and RedHat
packages, but not the simple tar files, which of course aren't any package
format) include a CellServDB. This is not maintained as part of OpenAFS,
but instead we package a CellServDB which is intended for general public
distribution and is not OpenAFS-specific in any way.

Cell administrators can submit requests for addition, modification and
deletion of records by mailing cellservdb@grand.central.org; We distribute
the CellServDB which can be found at
http://www.central.org/dl/cellservdb/CellServDB
and which is a result of said requests. Sending a "bug report" for OpenAFS
won't help, and if you submit the bug anonymously, it will be closed
without comment to you, because I don't know where to send comment.

I know I closed at least one other of these recently without being able to
return comment, but someone submitted an entry for nersc.gov and I am also
unable to return comment about why I closed it.

-D