[OpenAFS] no cache size in cacheinfo, 100% of space

Joerg Sommer joerg@alea.gnuu.de
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:49:36 +0000 (UTC)

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Yea, 85% is about right.  Also note that you have a "finite" (and
> knowable) number of files on the cache partition, so you can always
> increase the space usage on a partition by tuning the filesystem and
> lowering the number of inodes available.  However you still need to
> worry about journal sizes, directory entries, and the CacheItems
> file(s).

I give the size given by df -k to afs and then recreate the fs with a
lower count of inodes, afer I saw how may files afs creates. Can I
calculate this by myself?

It I assign more then 100% of disk space to afs, it doesn't woory about
this. I then get error messages from the filesystem of unaccessable
inodes, but afsd tries to use more then 100% of disk space, even though
it determines, that the given size is to great. It's a bug!

Joerg.