[OpenAFS] amanda-afs - amrestore

Claude Arnold arnold@picard.ups-tlse.fr
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:58:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Now I'am in the following case:
My amanda backup server is not an afs-server and afs-client machine.
I do a backup of my afs-server which is a amanda client.
The backup seems ok.
In your README file you say about restoring :

amrestore -p tape-device hostname afs:single.volume | cut_garbage |\
vos restore -server dest-server -partition dest-part -name dest-name.

amrestore must be run on the backup server which is not an afs server so
I have not acces to the vos command.
I try with amrecover running from afs server, I can list the files which
was dumped. but when extracting it fails.
Is there something to do with amrecover ?
Should I setting up the backup server as a afs client ?

Claude Arnold
Laboratoire Emile Picard - UMR 5580
Université Paul Sabatier, 118 rte de Narbonne, Toulouse, 31062 Cedex 4
Tél: 05.61.55.62.26, Fax: 05.61.55.82.00