[OpenAFS] gssklog

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:15:27 -0500

Jerome Walter wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:38:26AM -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> > These would be in the gss libraries supplied by MIT, Hiemdal or the Sun SEAM.
> >
> > You will need to add when you run configure:
> >
> > --with-gss-lib-dir=/usr/lib
> > --with-gss-lib-name=gss
> >
> > I don't have SEAM setup on any systems but this compiles and links
> > on a 5.8 system:
> >
> > ../src/configure \
> >   --with-gss-lib-dir=/usr/lib \
> >   --with-gss-lib-name=gss \
> >   --with-tcp-wrappers=/afs/anl.gov/appl/wrapper-7.6/@sys \
> >   --enable-server \
> >   --enable-pam \
> >   --with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a
>
> I have almost the same problem, trying to configure it on a Solaris 9.
> Even using this configure options (without tcp-wrapper and server), i get the
> following error :

Its linking the server, and you need the
--with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a

The problem is the server needs a des library to encrypt the ticket in the
AFS key and generate a session key. The gssklogd was designed to work with a
number of different GSSAPI implenentation, each of which has its own DES
implementaiton.
Shared libs, and methods used to link them can cause the wrong des lib
to be linked. It looks like the Sun gssapi was linked correctly,
so the DES it uses is not exposed to the applicaiton.
So you can user the AFS des implementation.