[OpenAFS] gssklog

Jerome Walter walter+openafs@efrei.fr
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:43:32 +0200

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:15:27AM -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Jerome Walter wrote:
> >
> > > ../src/configure \
> > >   --with-gss-lib-dir=/usr/lib \
> > >   --with-gss-lib-name=gss \
> > >   --with-tcp-wrappers=/afs/anl.gov/appl/wrapper-7.6/@sys \
> > >   --enable-server \
> > >   --enable-pam \
> > >   --with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a
> >
> > I have almost the same problem, trying to configure it on a Solaris 9.
> > Even using this configure options (without tcp-wrapper and server), i get the
> > following error :
>
> Its linking the server, and you need the
> --with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a

Even when i only want the client ?

> The problem is the server needs a des library to encrypt the ticket in the
> AFS key and generate a session key. The gssklogd was designed to work with a
> number of different GSSAPI implenentation, each of which has its own DES
> implementaiton.
> Shared libs, and methods used to link them can cause the wrong des lib
> to be linked. It looks like the Sun gssapi was linked correctly,
> so the DES it uses is not exposed to the applicaiton.
> So you can user the AFS des implementation.

I am only trying to compile client on the Soalris machines, as server will be
on one of my beloved GNU/Debian machines...

So i need --with-server-extra-ldflags even with client-only.
Ok, i'll get an ssh and do an little extra-work ;)

Jérôme

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors