[OpenAFS] gssklog

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:20:04 -0500

Jerome Walter wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:43:32PM +0200, Jerome Walter wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:15:27AM -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> > > Its linking the server, and you need the
> > > --with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a
> >
> > Even when i only want the client ?
> [snip]
> > I am only trying to compile client on the Soalris machines, as server will be
> > on one of my beloved GNU/Debian machines...
> >
> > So i need --with-server-extra-ldflags even with client-only.
> > Ok, i'll get an ssh and do an little extra-work ;)
>
> Ok, it does have comiled, but with --enable-server, which i don't want.

Leave off the --enable-server and it should only build the client.

> assume if i only use the client i have n this machine with another server, it
> should work, isn't it ?

Yes, the intent of the configure and Makefile is to only build the client
unless you add the --enable-server.

But the original message had "/usr/local/bin/gcc -o gssklogd ..."
which looked like it was trying to build the server, gssklogd.

Now if you did a configure without the --enable-server, and it tried
to link the gssklogd, that would be an error.

> I do not want to make any mistake on this.

Even if you build the server, you don't have to use it.