[OpenAFS] ReiserFS /vicep, general performance with lots of vols in single part?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:03:21 -0600

We use reiserfs on /vicep on about 17 servers for around 1.4 TB used.
Works great. We actually don't dedicate a partition either, we use the
AlwaysAttach functionality with a regular dir. Makes managing space a
little easier in some cases. Performance was definately better than with
ext3, but not as good as ext2 in some cases. No real concrete
testing/numbers though.

Been running this way for a few years.

-- Nathan