[OpenAFS] ReiserFS /vicep, general performance with lots of vols in single part?

Michael Loftis mloftis@wgops.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:10:26 -0700

I was thinking about impact on vos create, salvager operations, etc. (I'm
not sure what other things might create this list, the fileservers on
startup?) that need to gain a list of volumes, or traverse a list of
volumes.  Granted as you get more volumes it will always take longer, but I
know for a fact that ext2/3 degrades in an entirely non-graceful manner for
access items like that, whereas Reiser does not.

--On Thursday, December 04, 2003 16:40 -0500 Derrick J Brashear